Job Title: Corporate Bookings Assistant
Company: Avalon Management Group Ltd.
Reports to: Head of Corporate Events
Avalon is a multi-award-winning talent management, television production and live promotion group with offices in London, Los Angeles, and New York.
Avalon, Artist Rights Group (ARG) and The Agency represent a prolific roster of artists including comedians, actors, presenters, writers, and directors. Avalon’s numerous ground-breaking returning television shows currently in production include: Not Going Out (BBC), the UK’s longest running sitcom on air; Taskmaster (Channel 4), the BAFTA-winning hit entertainment format showing in 100 countries; multi Emmy-winner, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO); The Russell Howard Hour (Sky), the network’s most successful entertainment show launch since 2010; Starstruck, a new sitcom from the 2018 Edinburgh Comedy Award winner Rose Matafeo (HBO Max/BBC); Flatbush Misdemeanours (Showtime), a new comedy series created by and starring Dan Perlman and Kevin Iso; Breeders, a sitcom starring Martin Freeman and Daisy Haggard (FX/Sky); a new series of the iconic British satirical puppet show, Spitting Image (BritBox UK); and multiple comedy specials for Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max and Netflix.
Other landmark Avalon shows include BAFTA winning and multi-Emmy nominated Catastrophe (Amazon Prime Video/Channel 4), Fantasy Football League (BBC/ITV), multi-BAFTA-winning TV Burp (ITV), and Workaholics (Comedy Central USA). Avalon also distributes its catalogue of programmes to over 150 countries worldwide. Avalon has produced many globally successful podcasts and is at the top of the UK iTunes chart with the multi-award-winning Shagged. Married. Annoyed by Chris and Rosie Ramsey.
As a leading promoter of live comedy, Avalon produced Newman and Baddiel: Live at Wembley, the UK’s first arena comedy show; Jerry Springer: The Opera, the first West End show to win all four UK ‘Best New Musical’ awards; and has continued to produce and promote live shows globally, as well as promoting more winners and nominees of the prestigious Edinburgh Comedy Award than any other company.
The Corporate Bookings Assistant role based in the Corporate Department is an integral part of the department. Working closely with bookers and high-profile clients on both the Avalon and ARG roster, the role requires enthusiasm, strong attention to detail and a commitment to the overall aims of the team.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Events, the key duties of the Corporate Bookings Assistant are:
- Processing all corporate bookings between clients and hirer from the point of confirmation, ensuring all agreed arrangements have been satisfied.
- Invoicing hirers, ensuring prompt payment of invoices.
- Logging when payments and contracts arrive.
- Ensuring all necessary preparatory materials, including scripts, itineraries, and briefing documents, are sourced and checked prior to event dates.
- Organising transport, accommodation, briefing calls and any other logistical requirements.
- Collecting feedback on the artist’s performance.
- Updating department website when necessary to keep biographies, headshots, and feedback up to date.
- Assisting with the output of the department’s social media channels.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with both artists and bookers.
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work calmly under pressure.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word etc.)
- A genuine interest in live comedy and entertainment, plus a willingness to attend events and gigs where appropriate and familiarise themselves with the artists’ current material.
- Previous agency or industry experience; a benefit but not a necessity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are keen to encourage applications from individuals from under-represented groups.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter to Elizabeth Mustapha at Recruitment@avalonuk.com